The Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Discovery Education have joined forces to combat the growing epidemic of prescription opioid misuse and heroin use nationwide. Operation Prevention's mission is to educate students about the true impacts of opioids and encourage lifesaving conversations in the home and classroom. Operation Prevention's classroom resources provide educators with tools aligned to national health and science standards that integrate seamlessly into classroom instruction. These resources introduce students to the science behind opioids and their impact on the brain and body.
How can I do that?
If you are an educator or community leader…
1. Go to the Operation Prevention website
2. Click on the ‘Classroom Resources’ in the menu bar at the top of the page.
3. Select your age group (Elementary, Middle or High School)
4. Download the Digital Lesson and Educator’s Guide.
5. Follow instructions in the Educator’s Guide to present the material in the Digital Lesson.
If you are a student or parent of a student…
Contact your Health Sciences or Science teacher to find out if they would be willing to include Operation Prevention Classroom resources as part of their school curriculum.